MBIC MUSEUM

Municipal Budgetary Institution of Culture "Museum of the history of the mining industry is the name of Akinfy Demidov" the city of Zmeinogorsk Zmeinogorsky district of Altai Krai

Visitors

More than 18 thousand visitors per year

Exhibits

More than 18 thousand units of the main fund

Cooperate

With more than 30 museums around the world

About the Museum

     Museum of the history of the mining industry is the name of Akinfy Demidov is located in the centre of Zmeinogorsk on the street Schorsa Dom 13 (former street Pihtovskoe)

     The Museum has a rich collection of antiquities: 2 cast iron guns from the 23 who were in the fortress in 1785; collection of minerals, ores and rocks; articles of Kolyvan stone-cutting factory; archaeological findings belonging to the IX-VIII centuries BC, found in graves on the territory of the former Zmeinogorsk County; maps, drawings, models mine and hydro-technical installations of K. D. Frolov

     Outdoor exposed equipment and modern mining technique. Tours of the Museum, in the historic part of Zmeinogorsk, the pond and the dam, built in 1786, the mountain Zmeinuy, organized excursions by Kolyvan stone-cutting factory, Revenkova mountain - mother "the Queen of vases", etc.

The name of the Museum

     May 18, 2010, our Museum was given the name of Akinfy Demidov. At the time the artist Yuri Kabanov gave Valentina Christianovna graphic portrait of the founder of the mining industry on the Altai with the words "Councilor Akinfiy Demidov". By design Museum Director master of Kolyvansky stone-cutting factory moved the figure, and the inscription on a plaque. Now on the facade of the building can be read: "the Museum of the history of the mining industry is the name of Akinfy Demidov".

Storage

Increase

The study

Publication

museum expositions

To date, the Museum has 3 exhibition halls and the exhibition in the courtyard of the Museum.

01
The hall of archaeology - archaeological finds found on the territory of Zmeinogorskiy district.
02
Hall "Creators of new technology the land of Russia" - models, paintings, maps, sculptures, tools, archival documents telling about the life of miners, miners, secret-forced-labour convicts and the creators of new technology in the land of Russia.
03
Hall of the Mineralogy samples of the ore deposits, non metallic minerals, ornamental stones and products from them Kolyvanskiy stone-cutting factory.
04
"The exhibition under the open sky": the exhibits of modern mining equipment, Entrance tower of the fortress Zmeinogorsk mine.
Documentary films

Documentary films

The movies "Legends of the mountain Kolyvan", "Gold of Scythians", "Silver crown of Altai", "Revenkova hill - mother of the Queen of vases", "I. Polzunov", "the Demidovs Gold", "Unknown Altai", "Take a Bow and dead and alive" and many others which are demonstrated during lectures, at meetings, Museum lessons "Zmeinogorsky brotherhood" etc.

Our address:

d. №13, ul. Shchorsa, g. Zmeinogorsk, Altayskiy kr., Russian Federation, 658480

+7 (38587) 2-26-82

museizmei@mail.ru

Work schedule:

Mo-Fr: from 8:00 to 17:00
Sa-Su: from 9:00 to 17:00

Sale of tickets stops at 16:00
Last Friday of month - sanitary day
Tours are conducted by appointment only

MBIC MUSEUM


© 2013-2017 MBIC "Museum of the history of the mining industry is the name of Akinfy Demidov" the city of Zmeinogorsk Zmeinogorsky district of Altai Krai


Please publish modules in offcanvas position.